What is Quality?
When healthcare organisations mention ‘Quality’ or ‘Clinical Governance’ we’re talking about the systems and checks in place to monitor and evaluate how we look after you.
This includes things like organisational structures, policies and committees. But these bureaucratic necessities can seem a bit far removed from your everyday experience.
At KDH we want patients to understand what type of care they can expect, and for our staff to be clear about how they do their job and engage with you. So we have implemented Best Care at KDH.
Our Best Care framework takes us beyond a bureaucratic ‘tick the box’ approach to quality. It supports us to deliver a patient and consumer experience that is personal, connected and right, as well as safe.
You can read more about what we do in and how we measure up in our annual Quality Account. It has comparative data, stories and comes in a handy calendar.
Best Care Quality Framework
A: Our Purpose is to provide a positive experience for every person, every time.
B: Our ‘Best Care’ Goals ensure we provide care and service which is:
- Personal: Care and services are designed and delivered to be responsive, respectful and sensitive to create the best possible experience for each individual
- Safe: Care and services are designed and delivered to minimise risk of harm, and
- Connected & Right: Care provided is right for each person and based on the best available evidence and knowledge. Care provided is accessible, timely, consistent and coordinated.
C: People create and support our purpose. Our workforce is made up of people who are:
- Proactive and
D: The Quality Governance Systems (or Pillars) provide a platform for our people to create and support ‘Best Care’:
- Consumer Engagement
- Planning, Leadership and Resources
- Effective Workforce
- Quality & Risk Monitoring, Compliance and Improvement.