Kyneton Hospital has two operating theatres equipped for minor and intermediate level surgery. Most procedures are day visit or short stay. Our consultants are highly skilled surgeons and anaesthetists who are also attached to large teaching hospitals.
The KDH theatre team looks after you by following the World Health Organisation Surgical Safety Checklist, and implementing quality measures like our pre-admission checklist and post-op follow-up.
Seeing a visiting specialist who performs local procedures might result in an earlier surgery date. Plus you can save on travel time. Getting appropriate care closer to home can generally aid in recovery.
Our range of surgical services is listed below, and we encourage you to have a conversation with your GP about referral options. You can also contact our theatre team on 03 5422 9900.
Types of Surgery
- Breast and endocrine
- Eyes including cataract, pterygium, glaucoma, refractive and vision correction
- Gall bladder, liver and pancreas surgery
- IBS, colorectal cancer, minimally invasive bowel surgery
- National Bowel Cancer Screening service and colonoscopy and gastroscopy
- Obstetrics, laparoscopic surgery, infertility, colposcopy and pelvic floor
- Paediatric and neonatal general surgery, ear, nose and throat
- Plastic and reconstructive including microsurgery, brachial plexus surgery, skin cancer surgery
- Prostate surgery, Urological Oncology, Vasectomy
- Sinus and snoring.