24/7 Urgent Care
For emergencies, it is best to call 000. For other urgent care we are here for you 24/7, every day of the year. See the list below for the types of things we can help you and your family with.
To reach the Urgent Care Centre please present at the nurses station. After hours access is via the security buzzer which you’ll find at the left hand side of the main hospital entrance.
It’s our job to make sure you access the care that is most appropriate for your circumstances. That means we’ll treat, triage or transfer patients depending on the nature of the visit and assessment of the illness or injury. If necessary we will coordinate with Ambulance Victoria for transfer by road or chopper. KDH has a helipad on site.
In the UCC, local GPs collaborate with our highly skilled nurses, and are available on call after hours. Professional care is also provided by advanced nurses including RIPERNs, (Rural and Isolated Practice Endorsed Registered Nurse) who have undertaken additional training and can provide a wider range of primary care and emergency services from rural health services.
Urgent Care Centre Treatment
- Abdominal pain
- Abrasion to eye
- After hours pathology
- After hours x-ray
- Allergic reactions
- Analgesia, IV fluids, anti- nausea medication
- Chest infections/pneumonia
- Chest pain drugs, defibrillator, blood tests
- Concussion or loss of consciousness
- Dental or mouth pain/infection
- Discharge planning and follow up
- Epistaxis/nose bleed
- Foreign body to eye
- General injuries
- Management of traumatic injuries e.g. farm or motor vehicle accident, amputations
- Mental Health/Anxiety
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter & ports
- Pregnancy related problems
- Snake bite
- Sore throat
- Sprains and strains
- Stroke or altered conscious state
- Urinary tract infections